in order, this includes the contents of the backpack which I must have with me during the race, these include:
- Fully Charged Mobile Phone including the numbers for the Race Medic and Race Director (on the number you have given at registration)
- Water Bottles/Bladder capable of carrying a minimum of 1 litre.
- Survival Blanket: 1.4m x 2m minimum.
- Route Map. GPS will not suffice
- Waterproof Jacket: Gore-tex or similar (must have sealed seams).
- Compass. Must not be electronic or on your phone. This must be a usable working compass.
- Headtorch plus backup Light source.
- Warm Hat & Gloves
During last week I took it pretty easy as I'm still in taper mode....I never enjoy tapering and normally when I taper I decide to break up the lack of miles with a cycle which I always find enjoyable as I don't normally cycle alot during my normal training schedule
Last weeks runs broke-down as:
- Monday: 18.32mile cycle @ 17.7km/hour
- Tuesday: 10miles @ 7:28min/pace
- Wednesday: 5miles @ 8:10min/pace & 2mile walk
- Thursday: Rest
- Friday: 5miles @ 7:56min/pace
- Saturday: 12.48miles @ 8:39min/pace
- Sunday: Rest
Weekly Total: 35 miles
Miles This Year: 697 miles